Healthy eating resources
Eating healthy foods can help improve energy levels, weight, sleep patterns, ability to fight infection and reduce the chance of developing serious health risks.
A workplace can have a significant impact on the food choices made by workers. Here are some ideas that can make a big difference to how you're workers eat while they're at work.
- Where food is supplied in the workplace (for example, catering in meetings, weekly breakfast/lunch meetings and morning teas), consider providing healthy options such as a fresh fruit and vegetable platters, healthy sandwiches and wraps instead of fried or baked foods.
- Encourage the use of water bottles in the office and in work vehicles, and consider using water bottles as promotional or marketing items.
- Promote and plan activities for local, state and national awareness days such as Australia’s Healthy Weight Week or Diabetes Awareness Week.
Download the useful resources on the right to help address healthy eating at your workplace. Start with the Action Guide!
Click here to download useful resources which will help you promote the Get Healthy Information and Coaching Service to workers.
Complete the online training for healthy eating
- Sample Action Plan: Healthy Eating
- Fact sheet - Healthier food and drinks
- Fact sheet - Healthier food and drink facilities
- Fact sheet - Healthier vending machines
- Fact sheet - Healthier fundraising
- Fact sheet - Healthier on-the-go snacks
- Fact sheet - Healthier savoury snacks
- Fact sheet - Healthier sweet snacks
- Fact sheet - Healthy eating and shift work
- Overview - More workplace healthy eating resources
- Presentation: Healthy Eating - The Basics
- Presentation - Healthy Eating on the Go
- Key messages - Healthier food and drinks
- Poster- Healthy Tips
- Poster - Smart break
- Poster- Drink Water
- Poster A3 - Traffic light guide to healthy eating
- Poster A4 - Traffic light guide to healthy eating
- Poster - MHN Fruit and Veg
- Poster - MHN Smaller Portions
- Poster - MHN Water